- Feb 7-Press Release: Prime Minister Stephen Harper's announcement regarding First Nations Education
- Nov 26-Press Release:Deaths of Aboriginal Children in Care
- Nov 25-Press Release: Obed Mountain Coal Slurry Leak
- Train Derailment: Support for increased safety measures and emergency preparedness
- Oct 21-Press Release:Support for Elsipogtog First Nation
- Sept 26-Press Release:Clarification on Treaty Six Position on Proposed First Nations Education Act
- Sept 10-Video: Recognition of Treaty Six Raising the Treaty Six Flag At City Hall
- July 2013 - New Job Postings Added
- Call for donations to flood victims
from Treaty 6 to go to the Treaty 8 office.
Welcome to Treaty 6 First Nations
The Confederacy of Treaty Six First Nations was created in the Spring of 1993 with the purpose of serving as the United Political voice for those Treaty Nations who are signatories of Treaty No. 6 for the continued protection of the fundamental Treaty, Inherent and Human Rights of the Treaty peoples of those Nations.
The Confederacy of Treaty Six First Nations is dedicated to ensuring that the terms, spirit and intent of Treaty No.6 are honored and respected. The right of the Treaty No. 6 First Nations to self-determination must be honoured and respected.
Self Determination includes both the right to choose their own governmental and political structures, and to direct the social, cultural, spiritual and economic advancement of their peoples.
Suite 204, 10310-176 Street
Edmonton, AB, T5S 1L3
1st Annual Christmas Gala - December 13th, 2013:
Treaties 1-11 Womens Commemoration - Oct 8th to 10th
Truth & Reconciliation National Event - Mar 27th to 30th, 2014: